“Mother” a mother is the one who brings you to the world. A mother is the first one to love you, the first one to feel you. She feeds you, put you to sleep, bathe you when you are a baby. She feels the pain when you get hurt. She smiles when you are happy. She sacrifices a lot for you and your well-being. Her presence in the home makes it a “home”.
You can fill up the pages by just writing down the things your Mom does for you knowingly and unknowingly. She prays for your happiness, health, and success. She is the purest of love you have in all your relationships.
Losing your mother is devastating. No matter at what age she was or how old you were, the pain is as deep as one can imagine. No one can replace the love of a mother for her child.
I Miss My Mom
We have some stories with us quoting “I miss my mom so much since she died”. People have shared these stories to tell the world to cherish the moments with your mother while she is with you!
- Losing my mother made me feel as if someone has taken a part of me. I felt as if I am the loneliest in the world full of people. She left me 6 months ago, and the pain and grieve haven’t been stopped even yet. I wish to hold her hand one more time, to watch her smiling one more time… ~ Rebecca
- My mother was diagnosed with blood cancer 2 months before her death. Our life was going so smoothly and we were all happy in our lives. The day we got to know that she has only months to live, it turned our world up and down. We are 3 siblings. We used to try to stay normal in front of her but she could read our swollen eyes. She said to me that no matter what she will always be there with me, by my side, even if not physically present. Now as she is gone I miss her so much. There is nothing that can make me satisfied. Life has moved on but a part of me has gone with her. ~Bisma
- My mother was sick and we all knew that she will leave us all soon. I kind of make up my mind and started to make good memories with her. I started to spend more time with her, we did some adventures together, and I tried to make sure that every day of her remaining life is spent beautifully. She got to meet our relatives, she got an opportunity to say it all to her loved ones. She lived her last day more lively than the rest of her life. Soon after she died I told myself that there are those people as well whose loved ones left them suddenly, I was lucky that I got to give it a proper closure…! ~Ruth
- Mom left me in the blink of an eye, she met an accident and died in it. The news of death beat the hell out of me. I was shocked, I was lost. It was unbelievable. I still cannot make peace with the fact that she is gone. She was my heaven and feels like I am left behind in hell. Her void is so obvious that there is not a single day that I spend not missing my mom. She left us 3 years ago. ~Tom
- I don’t know what mothers are like, I was just 1 year old when my mom died. My father tells me that she used to love me the most. I haven’t got the chance to feel what a mother’s love does feel like but I sometimes I feel so devastated and lost and think that if I had a mother maybe I won’t have to go through all this suffering. ~ Jenny
- My mother lost her life-saving mine. We were crossing the road and I (at the age of 13) was so secured to cross the road. I out of panic and confusion step on to the road while the signal was green for the traffic. My mother came running to rescue me, she pushed me out of the road but got hit by a car. I was alone with her at that time. People around us took us to the hospital and there my father and other siblings reached. That incident has left such a deep scare on my personality that even going through trauma for 3 years and attending counseling sessions back and forth. I still get deeply depressed by remembering that incident. I just did not lose my mother but I lost her BECAUSE OF ME!! ~ Shahzaib
My mother, my world, and my heaven. I got married and moved to London and my mother lives in Pakistan. Living away from your mother is not easy. Some days make you feel low and you want to go to your mother and lie down on her lap, no matter how old you are. Being a mom myself, I still have some days where I want to go to my mother and make her tease and behave like her spoiled child. I cry my eyes out sometimes by missing her and knowing that I cannot be with her right now. The love of a mother is always so refreshing and warm that no matter how old are you, you would still feel like her little baby. ~ Alisha
Some Quotes and Poems on “I Miss My Mom”
- “I truly never learned what the words ‘I miss you’ were until I reached for my mom’s hand and it wasn’t there.”
- “Sometimes I wish for you to come back, but I don’t want you to suffer again. I know you are with me and I will always love you and miss you with all my heart. Until we meet again!”
- “Grief, I’ve learned, is really just love. It is all the love you want to give, but cannot. All that unspent love gathers up in the corners of your eyes, the lump in your throat, and in that hollow part of your chest. Grief is just loved with no place to go.” ~ Jamie Anderson
- “I miss my mom a lot. . and sometimes I wonder if she’s up there shaking her head at my decisions.”
- “The loss of your mother, no matter how old you are, changes your life forever. Your mother is your first and forever friend. You never really get over the loss, but you learn to live with it. She is never far away from your thoughts, and she is always in your heart.”
- “I miss my mother very much, and I feel closest to her when I have dinner in the oven and the children are nearby playing and I’m reading a book or doing some little project.”
- “One of the hardest things that have ever been required of me was the day that I had to let go as the angels carried you up to heaven.”
- “DEAR LORD, I NEED A FAVOR! Would you hug my Mom, and place a kiss upon her cheek, and tell her it’s from me?”
- “And I miss my mom’s made a cup of tea
Poems On I Miss My Mom
Where it felt like heaven and I lived so free
Separated by miles but yet we feel so near
I know it’s hard and you wanna shed off your tears
So much to talk about and so much to hear
But I told my heart to conquer that fear!”
I Miss My Mom
- “You always fulfilled my wishes
Giving me whatever I wanted
Your presence in my life
I have taken for granted
After your death my whole world
Had gone into a frightening void
When I had you. I had it all
Now, everything is destroyed
This is my repentance, my regret
I know you can’t hear me
But I still want to say
Mom, I miss you and I am sorry.”
- “If Roses grow in Heaven,
Lord, please pick a bunch for me,
Place them in my Mother’s arms
And tell her they’re from me.
Tell her I love her and miss her,
And when she turns to smile,
Place a kiss upon her cheek
And hold her for a while.
Because remembering her is easy,
I do it every day.
But there’s an ache within my heart
That will never go away.”
The love of a mother is the purest and most special for anyone in the world and her loss is biggest than any loss in the world. The stories that we have shared of different people are very heart touching and the grief and sadness are visible in each story. The quotes and poems are the best depictions of your emotions and feelings.
Cherish the warmth of your mother when she is around you before it’s too late and the only thing left to say is “I miss my mom.”