What does Strong silent type mean?
A Strong silent type is a person who does the hard work and doesn’t clasp the pressure. Only speak when necessary otherwise stay quiet.
Strong silent type people can also be referred to as introverts. They have a strong personality and it doesn’t bother them what others say about them. They are comfortable in their own skin. Do what they feel like the right thing. They are confident and they know it.
Let’s look into how to be a strong silent type of person.
Qualities Of Strong Silent Type People
A strong silent person is self-confident. He knows what he wants in life and is also clear about what he is capable of. They have trust in themselves and stay positive and calm in every situation. They know very well how to deal with pressure.
To be a strong silent type you need to develop self-confidence. Believe yourself and acknowledge the achievements you have. Know that whatever you have achieved in life is because of yourself.
Work on your emotional strength
A strong silent person has control over its emotional state and has the strength to deal with difficult situations. They are ready to face the backlash, difficult times, and negative criticism and don’t lose their calm easily.
To be the strong silent person you will need to build up your mental and emotional strength, once you are strong from inside mentally and emotionally then it will be seen from outside as well. So, work on your inner pace. What you have to do is to:
Be more acceptable towards the change.
Remain encouraged at times of failures and disappointments.
You should keep an eye on the needs and keep on recognizing the new ones.
You must be able to face criticism and learn from it. The same goes for the mistakes you make. Never feel ashamed and shy after committing some mistakes. Embrace the mistake and make it right.
Look at the brighter side in the bad and hard times.
Don’t stick to one situation badly, if you have been hurt or disappointed then learn to move on quickly.
The people who are strong silent types don’t let everyone know about the tsunami they have inside them. If they are feeling any extreme emotion, they don’t put it out for everyone to see it. From apparent and outside they always seem calm and controlled. It seems as they are all very composed with their thoughts and life happenings.
It doesn’t bother them what people are talking about them especially when it’s discouraging or criticism for the sake of criticism.
Remember you don’t always have to be answerable to people around you for the actions you take. Sometimes it is required by you to make it clear that it’s you who is going to decide up for your own self.
Focus on the way you talk
The strong silent type doesn’t mean that you are silent all the time. It refers to the state that you speak less but when you speak, everyone listens to you. They have such a personality, they chose a confident tone and strong words to convey their message or point of view. These types of people are clear and words are perfectly delivered. They don’t mumble or seem confused. When they talk they know what they are saying.
What points to consider to talk like the strong silent person?
Choose your voice tune carefully. It shouldn’t be too loud or too low that causes trouble for the one listening.
Don’t sound confused. Make a sentence in your mind first then to say it loud. Avoid abrupt replies or phrases.
Speak small but effective. The strong silent type people don’t talk rubbish. Whenever they open their mouth to say something that tries to sound intelligent and wise.
Appear to be authoritative
Strong silent type people have the personality of a leader or a wise member of a group. They are given respect and their say has a weightage. People around them feel submissive. They depict the authority. Their strong and confident personality makes them the best among others.
You can become authoritative by:
- Putting your stance clearly. You don’t go on explaining yourself again and again.
- Don’t use confusing words like “maybe” or “could” etc.
- You don’t necessarily agree with everyone and everything that is said.
- Always present your point confidently.
But keep in mind not to make any commitments or claims that are not possible for you to perform.
Cons of being Strong silent type
People may start to ignore you
As being silent has its own perks it also has its cons. it is possible that people may start to ignore you because you don’t put much effort into making conversations. In a large group, it is very evident that the most talkative and most jolly person takes all the attention and take over the lead in the group. Whereas the silent one is not given much importance because of his/her quiet attitude. This attitude of yours can go against you in a large group. So always know where to be silent and where you should be talking and interacting
You need to be attentive
Being silent can be mistaken as your ignorance. People can think of you as arrogant and rude. They would start taking you lightly and won’t even bother if you are there in the conversation or not.
To avoid this ignorance you need to pay attention. Your gestures and body language must be depicting your interest in the conversation. Being a strong silent type doesn’t mean you have to be quiet all the time. It means that you should listen to everybody and give your input in the end in a precise manner and confidently.
Your body language should be participatory. It should look like you are most interested so in the end, everyone would like you to give your opinion as well.
- You can show interest by leaning a bit forward while sitting.
- Making constant eye contact and little head nod.
- By making your face look like as you are thinking upon the topic being discussed.
- Don’t sit by folding your hands uptight and leaning behind. This will give the impression that you are not interested.
Your relationship can be affected
Being the strong silent type in your personal relationships can cost you bad. Personal relationships require understanding, sharing, and empathy. It is a codependent relationship. Your partner expects you to be vocal and open to them. Personal relationships can suffer badly if you don’t express yourself and your feelings openly to your partner.
It is advised to keep your strong silent type of personality out of your home. Or if you want to bring it home keep it with you only at the times of need. .e.g. during a fight or during the time when your family needs you.
Five movie characters that were strong silent type in their roles.
1. “Robert DeNiro” who played the role of “Vito Corleone” in the movie “The Godfather 2”
2. Ryan Gosling who played the role of “Officer K” in the movie “Blade Runner 2049”
3. Adam Baldwin who played the role of “Ricky Linderman” in the movie “My Bodyguard“
4. Humphrey Bogart who played the role of “Rick” in the movie “Casablanca”
5. Peter Mayhew who played the role of “Chewbacca” in the movie “Star Wars”
You May Also Like To Read
- Essential oils for thyroid – Treating Thyroid
- Coping Skills For Anxiety – Best Strategies
- Funny Ways To Answer The Phone-Just For Fun
- 7 Signs Your Ex Is Pretending To Be Over You
Power of being silent
- When a person is silent people cannot know what is going on in his/her mind.
- People don’t get much of a material to do gossip about you because you don’t give them anything about your personality.
- When a strong silent person talks, they talk something worth listening to.
- Strong silent type people read the others and could know what the others are thinking and feeling.
- A strong silent type of person doesn’t interact with every person they come in contact with. He/she keeps the attitude that attracts others.
- Silence speaks a thousand words. When having a fight if one person becomes silent and leaves the premises then this can save them from an ugly fight.
The weakness of being silent
- You are sometimes taken for granted. People don’t value your presence. Your presence or absence doesn’t bother them
- Some people are not silent because they are being cool but are silent because they feel left out or they are depressed or tensed about something and they can’t share their feelings with anyone.
- Being a strong silent type can affect your relationship with your children. They can take your silence and your strong personality as a sign of anger or dominance. Which can build a wall between you and your children. They feel more comfortable in the presence of their other parent rather than you.
Being a strong silent type can be cool and it suits you at many places but always know the places and the people with whom being silent can work effectively.
Everything has its pros and cons and so does being strong silent type. It’s all up to you how you use it.
Good luck. Have a nice day.