I am uncertain about what am I doing with my life.
I am confused, Oh, I am unsorted, and I have lost my way. So I feel like wasting my life or not knowing what to do with it. Where to start collecting its pieces.
Life throws different challenges towards us and it is we who have to face them and to get rid of them.
Each step in life is a challenge that comes to teach you a valuable lesson.
You grow a bit wiser, a bit more mature, and a bit more sensible with each passing challenge.
It is easy to say that you will face challenges and you have to fight against them with calmness and sensibility.
But when you are in a situation that is not as you wanted it to be when you lose your calmness.
You become worried, stressed, sad, and sometimes losses it all.
- 1 What Am I Doing With My Life?
- 2 How To Deal With These Barriers
- 3 Other Things To Sort Out Your life
What Am I Doing With My Life?
Today we will look into the aspects that will help you move in your life when you are uncertain about what am I doing with my life.
Acceptance Is The First Step
Accept that your life is off the track. You are not sure why are you living your life and how are you living it.
Accept that you are not living your life but are just passing it.
It keeps on moving day by day but you are still standing from where you were at the beginning.
Accept the fact that you are stuck in one place and you need to do something about that.
You need to start living up your life. This realization and acceptance are going to take you to the next level that is to work upon it.
Start Questioning Yourself
After the realization and acceptance of the fact that your life is stuck and it isn’t moving or you are living the same life every day, then comes the point where you need to look into your current situation.
Know where you are in life right now?
What are you doing in life right now?
Answer these two questions at this stage and try to find out the right and honest answers.
In the process of exploring your own life, you will have to be extra honest with you.
Because you don’t have any other choice if you really want to sort out the strangled threads.
The first question is to know where are you right now in life.
The answer could be that you are about to complete your studies, doing a 9 to 5 job, sitting ambitionless, and a housewife with the same daily routine, or thinking of doing something productive in life.
What Are You Doing In Life Right Now?
About to achieve my goal of life, doing a job that doesn’t help me grow as a person,
or doing a dead-end job to feed my family, just following the same daily routine and watching the time pass by rapidly, thinking of changing the world but don’t know-how.
You can answer both these questions as mentioned above and then take that puzzle piece on to the next level.
E.g. I am a housewife with the same daily routine and watching the time pass by rapidly.
Spot Yourself In The Next Five Years
After answering the above-mentioned questions, now figure out where you see yourself in the next five years.
Keeping in mind the current life scenario and how you are taking it, how
You are evolving in life, how fast or slowly you are taking the turns in life.
Keeping in mind your current position + your efforts + your pace of trying for a change, spot yourself in the next five yours.
You could be a successful person, promoted on the same old job and office,
still, a housewife and taking care of children, have started your own business (maybe),
or achieving your goals and moving on to the next phase of life, that is contentment.
Where You Want To See Yourself In The Next Five Years?
At first, you looked into the reality as you thought it would turn out to be, looking at the facts, logical reasoning, and an honest depiction.
Now you need to find out where you WANT to see yourself in the next five years?
This will be based on your motivation, your ambition, your wish, and your power.
It should not be based merely on a fantasy or baseless imagination but based on the reality principle.
This could stay the same as I thought I would become,
change my job and do what I feel like doing (maybe a business or change my profession and join politics or become an artist),
besides being a housewife I may start my own boutique or my own blog that I can run even by staying at home,
I should take a risk and start my own business, I can be a successful national cricketer if I dare to take a risk and go against my family’s wishes.
What Is Holding You Back From Doing What You Want To do In Life?
What is holding you back, stopping you from achieving and doing what you actually want to do in life?
Something is holding you back from going to the direction where you want to go. Either it’s your doubts or lack of direction, or someone or some other reason is behind it.
Both ways you are feeling unsorted and are confused and asking yourself this very question that what am I doing with my life.
Now is the time to look into the factors that are keeping you from doing what you want in your life.
- It is your confusion or your aimlessness
- Your family needs
- Your family’s expectations
- Any Fear
- Or any other thing.
How To Deal With These Barriers
You have come a long way in sorting out the problem and now reaching towards the solution.
This is the stage where you have identified your problem, realized and accepted your problem, recognized the path you want to choose, and have known the barriers in your way of achieving goals.
Now the only step left is to know how to deal with these barriers.
The Example Of A Solved Problem
- If it’s your confusion or your aimlessness then try to get a perspective in life. For this purpose, you can seek professional help like career counselors or social workers, or you can for help from your friends or family members.
- If it is the matter of your family needs as we mentioned an example above, about a job holder who wants to try his luck in another profession that is close to his heart.
- But couldn’t decide on it because he fears that the change of career line can cost a bit of misery to his family. In this case, you can talk to your wife and family about your wish and tell them the expected down the curve and as well as its expected success in the long run. If your family supports you then go for it. If they have any reluctance then clear it.
- I Have No Life-Psychological Reasons Behind It
- Your family’s expectations. If you want to choose a career that is against your family’s wishes and expectations then buy some time from them and tell them that if you won’t be able to achieve what you want then you will surrender before their decision. Ask for the time when you think you are ready to prove yourself and the surety of success is more than its failure.
- Obligations. If you are a housewife and you cannot leave your home for achieving what you want then look and search for the home-based work options. In this era where technology is advanced and you have countless options on your fingertips, you can opt for any option you like and start working on your passion from within the home.
- Your fear. Fear of taking the risk. Fear of failure, fear of losing your reputation, and Fear could be of any kind but its only solution is to face it. Take the risk as sometimes holding back and not taking the risk is the bigger loss.
Let us solve one problem for you all to make it clear how it is going to work. We will take the same example that we picked before.
There is a housewife who has the same daily routine and in the next five years she sees herself going the same but what she WANT is to do something out of her creativity.
But the barrier she is facing is that she has obligations that she cannot oversee by leaving her house.
As a solution, she is going to explore the ways of doing something creative by staying at home. Like starting her own boutique, making homemade lunch for sale, or starting her own blog.
- You can have other solutions as well for your problems. The above-mentioned examples are the ones most commonly encountered and the above-mentioned solutions are most sorted and a ray of hope for those who feel lost in their life.
- All you need to do is to clear your mind by answering all these questions. And you will start to see the purpose of your life more vibrant and alive.
- Signs Your Family Doesn’t Care About You
- How To Stop Enabling Your Grown Child
- Everyone Hates Me-Signs And How To Deal
- How To Not Let Things Bother You
- Why Am I So Angry- Causes And Treatment
- How To Calm Down Anxiety-8 Easy Ways
Other Things To Sort Out Your life
Let’s be real for a second, some things are out of our control.
Take A Deep Breath And Relax
Sit down in peace, take a deep breath, and close your eyes. Just let yourself relax. Once you are relaxed then start thinking and try to see things from a larger perspective.
Panic Won’t Help You
Don’t panic when you don’t know what you are doing in your life. Panic won’t help you instead it will make the situation worse.
Make A Wish List Or Bucket List
When you feel like you are just letting your life pass instead of living it then go for some adventure and make a wish list or bucket list that will have all your crazy to do wishes.
Stop Comparing Yourself With Others
A very important point that you need to consider is not to compare yourself with others.
You are unique and different in your own way. The day people will realize that every person has a different aptitude, different innate talent.
That day many will be satisfied with what they have. And will have their own struggle.
Be grateful for what you have in life. Count your blessings. Look at the things you have, the things you once prayed for.
Life is different for every person and it is very important to know your journey, your struggle and always try to be sorted in life. Keep yourself informed by where you are right now in life and what your target is.